Would you be so kind as to post the attached and below referenced job posting for the Korostelev Lab at UMass Medical School?
Many thanks. Ann Powers
Postdoctoral position open at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, in the Korostelev Lab: https://www.umassmed.edu/korostelev-lab/.
We study translation regulation, using cryo-EM and biochemistry. We are particularly interested in: (1) Translation accuracy; (2) Ribosome's central role in bacterial stress signaling and gene regulation; (3) Neurodegenerative and other diseases, which originate from dysregulation of translation. References to some lab publications are provided below.
Our laboratory is housed at the RNA Therapeutics Institute, a vibrant and highly interactive research community: https://www.umassmed.edu/rti/about-the-rti/faculty-members/. Our colleagues are interested in nearly all aspects of RNA biology, from small to large RNAs to RNA chemistry and therapeutics development.
1) your CV (including publication list);
(i) previous work - focusing on your most interesting finding(s);
(ii) your current/future scientific interests, and whether/which aspects of translation regulation sound interesting to you;
3) email addresses of three references.
Selected publications (accessible via the provided links):
- Svidritskiy et al. “Extensive ribosome and RF2 rearrangements during translation termination”. eLife. 2019.
- Loveland et al. “Ensemble cryo-EM elucidates the mechanism of translation fidelity”. Nature. 2017.
- Demo et al. “Structure of RNA polymerase bound to ribosomal 30S subunit”. eLife. 2017.
- Abeyrathne et al. “Ensemble cryo-EM uncovers inchworm-like translocation of a viral IRES through the ribosome”. eLife. 2016.
- Loveland et al. “Ribosome•RelA structures reveal the mechanism of stringent response activation”. eLife. 2016.
Administrative Coordinator for Dr. David Grunwald, Dr. Andrei Korostelev, and Dr. Athma Pai
University of Massachusetts Medical School
368 Plantation Street, AS4-1046B
Worcester, MA 01605
774 455 4205
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link:
FINAL Postdoc-ad-announcement_Korostelevlab ccp4 10APR20.docx
Description: FINAL Postdoc-ad-announcement_Korostelevlab ccp4 10APR20.docx