[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ccp4bb] Job Opening: Senior Director or Executive Director Structural Biology and Biophysics
Job Title: Senior Director or Executive Director Structural Biology and Biophysics
Viva biotech is a leading CRO organization supported by Angel investors and a US leading PE fund since 2008, located in Shanghai. China. Viva provides structure-based drug discovery, biologics and medicinal chemistry services to global pharmaceutical and biotech companies for their pre-clinical stage innovative drug development. Viva biotech is in a rapid expansion mode since its successful IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on May 9th, 2019. We have openings for senior director and executive director in structural biology and biochemistry. Anyone who is interested in the position, please send CV to email@example.com
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative individual with strong working experiences in structure biology, biochemistry, as well as project management experience. The position will require leading multiple projects, working closely together with project managers and our partners to accomplish client goals successfully and timely. The candidate will be deeply involved in daily communications with clients and teammates via TC, emails and project meetings. The successful candidate is also required to build sustainable strong relationships with clients and external partners by active communications, professional conferences and on-site visits.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the execution of the following tasks:
- Provide leadership and expertise in structural biology, protein biochemistry, and biophysics.
- Support and assist project managers in multiple projects of recombinant protein production, protein characterization and complex structure determination for activity-assay and structural studies.
- Provide scientifically sound guidance, resolve and promptly response to any issues, problems or challenges which may arise.
- Demonstrate strong customer and service focus. Able to thrive and deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment.
- Enable a positive team environment and interact with multi-disciplines project teams.
- Lead a team of Cyro-EM including recruiting, on-boarding, coaching, business development, and performance management.
- Understand and comply with company regulations, policies and SOPs, contribute to continuous improvement.
- Candidate may periodically be asked to travel to different places in the US or Europe for business purpose and face-to-face meetings with clients.
· Doctoral degree or equivalent in structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics or a related field with 10+ years of industry experience
· A proven track record of scientific achievement illustrated in your list of publications
- Broad knowledge in protein production, characterization, macro molecular crystallography, structural biology and biophysics
- Years of working experience in managing projects from different targets with clear understanding of project needs and ensuring delivery of high-quality data with clear communication of timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and client requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal in both English and Chinese as well as interpersonal communication skills is a must.
- Strong working knowledge or familiarity with biophysical methods techniques such as NMR, ITC, TSA, SPR, MST, etc would be a plus.
- Broad experience or familiarity with different aspects of structure determination by Cryo-EM technology including sample preparation, data collection, data processing using state-of-art software, and 3-D reconstruction would be an additional advantage.
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: