[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ccp4bb] NIH-Funded Post-Doctoral Position at the University of Illinois to Study the Ribosome Structure
NIH-Funded Post-Doctoral Position in Structural Biology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) to Study the Structure and Function of the Ribosome
The Polikanov Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago (IL, USA) is looking for a talented, skillful, and highly motivated researcher to fill the available NIH-funded Post-Doctoral Scholar position to study the structure and function of the bacterial ribosome.
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry
biophysics, or a related field;
- Practical skills with the most standard methods currently used in molecular biology, and biochemistry (such as protein _expression_, purification);
- Experience in structural biology (cryo-EM or X-ray crystallography);
- Experience in RNA biology field is desired;
The successful candidate is also expected to:
- Act independently in terms of planning and executing the experiments;
- Compile, analyze, and prepare data for publications;
- Assist with training of graduate and undergraduate students.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter, and contact information for three references directly to Dr. Yury Polikanov at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, the applicant should describe how his/her previous research accomplishments and scientific interests fit with the scope of the research in the Polikanov research group.
Yury Polikanov, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
900 South Ashland Avenue, MBRB 4170
Chicago, IL 60607
Tel: 1-312-413-2408 (Office)
Tel: 1-312-355-0463 (Laboratory)
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link:
2019-12-18 Polikanov Lab PostDoc Advertisement.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document