[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[ccp4bb] Postdoc position in membrane protein structural biology

Dear All,


We are seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist with membrane protein structural biology and electron microscopy experience to work as part of a collaboration between Professor Liz Carpenter’s group at the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC) in Oxford and the Structural Research Group of Boehringer Ingelheim in Biberach, Germany.


This position is funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) and will require the postholder to work 70% of the time from SGC labs in Oxford, UK and the remaining 30% of the time from the BI labs in Biberach, Germany.


This project aims to study the structures of complexes of human ion channels and solute carriers involved in genetic disease, using both electron cryo-microscopy and X-ray crystallography, combined with biophysical and biochemical methods to study function. This project will provide opportunities for training in cryo-EM, first hand insights into drug discovery, opportunities for international collaboration and high impact publications in the rapidly developing field of cryo-EM.


Follow link for more details and how to apply:



The closing date for applications is 11th September.


Please feel to contact Liz Carpenter (liz.carpenter@sgc.ox.ac.uk) if you have any questions about this position.

To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: