Postdoctoral Fellow Position
Parashar laboratory at University of Delaware College of Health Sciences, is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to perform structure-function studies of proteins regulating bacterial signaling.
· Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or a related field
· Experience with cloning, protein _expression_, and protein purification methods
· A sound understanding of methods and approaches relating to macromolecular crystallography preferred
· Ability to plan and carry out research projects independently
· Ability to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility for delivery of work
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· A working knowledge of bacterial genetics and computational modeling of protein-ligand interactions preferred
· Performing experiments for cloning, protein _expression_, and purification of proteins for biochemical and structural studies; robotic screens for crystallization; optimizing crystallization conditions; and collecting and analyzing diffraction data.
· Performing model building and structure refinement.
· Maintaining laboratory equipment to meet unique needs of the research activity
· Assisting with preparation of grant proposals, presentations and publications
· Actively seeking new collaborative projects within the department and externally
University of Delaware is well equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for molecular biology, protein purification, and crystallography, including crystallization robot, crystal imaging system, and X-ray generator. Please visit Parashar Laboratory website for more information. For consideration, please send your CV, list of three references and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "postdoctoral application"
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: