[ccp4bb] British Crystallographic Association Spring Meeting. Apr 6th - 9th. Leeds

The British Crystallographic Association Spring Meeting is to be held at the University of Leeds on 6-9th April 2020, with a Young Crystallographers satellite meeting on 6-7th April, and registration is open now.

The programme of Biological Structures Group sessions are summarised below.  The original abstract deadline has passed, but if you'd like to attend the meeting and you have work to present that would fit within one of the BSG oral sessions, we would encourage you to submit an abstract here. If you would like to submit an abstract, either for an oral presentation or a poster, please do so as soon as possible.

Tuesday 7th

BSG Plenary : ‘Rosalind Franklin Centenary Lecture’ (13.00-14.10)

Speaker: Prof. Gabriel Waksman FRS (UCL/Birkbeck) ‘Mechanism of effector targeting by the Legionella type IV secretion system’

BSG Session 1 : Structure-based drug design  (14.20-15.40)

Chair: Prof. Jane Endicott (Newcastle)

Keynote: Dr. Pamela Williams (Astex Pharmaceuticals) ‘Structure-based drug discovery: how did we get here and where are we going?’

BSG Session 2 : Time-resolved crystallography (16.35-18.05)

Chair: Dr. Briony Yorke (Leeds)

Keynote: Prof. Jasper van Thor (Imperial) ‘Optical control of protein structural dynamics by ultrafast X-ray crystallography’

Wednesday 8th

BSG Session 3 : Enzymes  (10.15-11.45)

Chair: Dr. Wyatt Yue (Oxford)

Keynote: Prof. Peter Moody (Leicester)  ‘Using neutron crystallography to watch hydrogens in heme enzymes’

BSG Session 4 : Computational biophysics  (15.30-17.00)

Chair: Dr. Matteo Degiacomi (Durham)

Keynote:  Prof. Franca Fraternali (King’s) ‘Protein-protein interactions in health and disease: the importance of 3D structure’

Thursday 9th

BSG Session 5 : Membrane proteins  (10.15-11.45)

Chair: Prof. Bonnie Wallace (Birkbeck)

Keynote: Dr. Amandine Marechal (UCL) ‘Respiratory supercomplexes: what can we learn from yeast?’

BSG Session 6 : Protein-protein interactions (12.00-13.45)

Chair: Prof. Richard Bayliss (Leeds)

Keynote:  Dr. Elton Zeqiraj (Leeds) ‘Structure and function of ubiquitin signalling complexes’