Analyze, curate, and validate macromolecular structures from the PDB community. Participate in exciting projects with significant impact on the scientific community.
RCSB PDB (RCSB.org), the US data center for the global PDB archive, serves thousands of Data Depositors in the Americas and Oceania and makes 3D macromolecular structure data available at no charge and without usage restrictions to more than 1 million rcsb.org users worldwide.
Deposition/Biocuration Services provide expert deposition, validation, biocuration, and remediation services to Data Depositors worldwide, ensure PDB data are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR) by providing expert data curation which is critical for biological data resources, and develop and promote community-endorsed data standards for archiving and exchange of global structural biology data.
· Analyze, curate, and validate macromolecular structures from the PDB community
· Participate in exciting projects with significant impact on the scientific community
· Communicate daily with members of the research community
· Participate in fun outreach activities
Why join us:
· Influence the development of structural biology as a field representing high scientific standards.
· Be part of a friendly and collaborative working environment with excellent professional development opportunities.
· At Rutgers, this academic position offers New Jersey state benefits and a faculty-level salary.
Knowledge and skills:
· Experience in structural biology with a PhD in a relevant field required
· Strong knowledge of small molecule chemistry or 3DEM preferred
· Experience in bioinformatics, cheminformatics, or computer scripting would be an advantage
The successful candidate should be self-motivated, pay close attention to details, possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills, and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
Apply at Rutgers:
JASMINE YOUNG, Ph.D.
Biocuration Team Lead, RCSB Protein Data Bank
Research Professor, Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
174 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway NJ 08854
P: 848.445.4920 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: