We are looking for a motivated and independent protein crystallographer with Masters or PhD level qualifications ideally having worked with different crystallization systems. Based in Jealotts Hill, Berkshire, this position is an ideal opportunity for scientists interested in a career in industry to gain practical industry experience, working on crystallography platform activities and research projects. Prior experience of protein crystallization and optimization is essential, whilst data collection using both in-house and synchrotron sources as well as refining protein:ligand complexes would be preferred.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team providing crystallization outputs to support chemistry design throughout R&D. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams are highly desirable qualities for this position.
· Carry out crystallization trials, crystal optimization and initial characterization by X-ray diffraction for proteins and protein-ligand complexes
· Effectively communicate results through presentations, e-mails and reports
· Share learnings and insights with the team in a timely manner
· Organisational duties around lab hardware and consumables
· PhD or MSc degree in structural biology or a related field
· 1-3 years experience in practical macromolecular crystallography, ideally across a wide range of protein families
· Knowledge of protein crystallization and optimization techniques
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 27.000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to .
For any informal enquiries, please don't hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com, otherwise I look forward to receiving your application through the following link: https://www.srg.co.uk/jobs/j32696-protein-crystallographer
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: