Astex is seeking to recruit a software developer to join the Molecular Sciences group.
Interested candidates should liaise with the HR department (please see email address below). For informal enquiries, please feel free to contact me directly.
Astex Therapeutics Ltd
436 Cambridge Science Park
Job Description: X-ray Crystallography Software Developer (Ref: XS/0519)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. Successful collaborations have led to two launched oncology drugs (Kisqali® partnered with Novartis and BalversaTM partnered with Janssen). Astex continues to grow and focuses on oncology and neurological disorders.
CURIOSITY, CREATIVITY AND INNOVATIVE SCIENCE FOR DRUG DISCOVERY
...UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
Astex has a strong culture of developing bespoke software to support our fragment-based drug discovery platform, in particular our high throughput X-ray crystallography pipeline. As part of Astex’s ongoing commitment to extending its existing computational crystallography infrastructure, the Molecular Sciences Group has an opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join the X-ray Technology Team. The ideal candidate will be a crystallographer with an aptitude for software development, or a computer scientist with experience of working in macromolecular crystallography.
• Design and implement computational crystallography tools and web applications
• Maintain and improve the existing computational crystallography platform
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in crystallography to identify new opportunities
• Collaborate with and work alongside structural biologists and software developers at Astex
Skills and Experience Required:
• Degree in physics, chemistry, biology, computer science or related field
• Background in crystallographic computing
• Proven software development experience working in industry or an equivalent academic setting
• Knowledge of Perl, C++, Fortran and experience with relational databases is a plus
• Familiarity with common software development tools and practices (version control, testing, etc.)
• Excellent team working, written and verbal communication skills
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing date: 31st July 2019
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter quoting the job reference: XS/0519 to HR.UK@astx.com
We are recruiting into permanent and 2-3-year fixed term contract positions depending on qualifications and experience
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: