Evotec is expanding and is seeking to recruit a Senior Scientist in construct design within the Structural Biology group.
Please do not contact me directly but liaise with the Human Resources team though our website (link below).
Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule
drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialised platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal
knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to anti-infective, neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver
superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
We are looking for talented and highly motivated
Senior Scientist, Structural Biology, X-ray crystallography
Based at our laboratories on Milton Park, in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, you will be a scientist with structural biology expertise with a background in protein
science, X-ray crystallography or single particle cryo-EM.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in protein engineering, bioinformatics and molecular biology (construct design and cloning strategy)
- Good understanding of protein 3D structures
- A working knowledge of, and practical experience with, either E. coli, insect or mammalian _expression_ systems
- Experience of undertaking literature searches for multiple projects
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience collaborating with scientists in external organisations
- Supporting a project team by designing and ordering constructs to initiate the project
- Adapting scientific knowledge to resolve problems encountered in achieving defined goals, with assistance from line manager or other team members to meet internal and project deadlines
- Preparing reports, presenting data, and collaborating with other scientists at Evotec
- Presenting own work at project technical meetings, and department technical meetings when required
- Demonstrating a full command of all techniques and tools required for assigned responsibilities within the given project
- Reading scientific literature relevant to the project
- Ensuring safe working practices of themselves and any direct reports
- Complying fully with the company safety policy (including COPs and SOPs) when performing experiments
- Adhering to Lab Notebook guidelines regarding accurate documentation of lab experiments
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, cooperative and reliable
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques, and understanding of the science underlying the techniques and experiments
- Experience of working in a lab environment
- The ability to adapt to changing demands whilst operating under pressure to deadlines
- The ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with other scientific staff
- The ability to work well independently, and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain excellent laboratory records
- Computer proficiency
Education & Experience:
- PhD degree in Biochemistry or related area
Stephanie Duclos, Ph.D.
Team Leader, Structural Biology
+44 (0)1235 44 1548 (Direct)
Evotec (UK) Ltd.
114 Innovation Drive,
OX14 4RZ, UK
This email and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary, privileged and/or private information.
If received in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email and then delete this email and any attachments from your system.
Please find our information on data protection here.
Evotec (UK) Ltd is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registration number:2674265. Registered
Office: 114 Innovation Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14
4RZ, United Kingdom
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: