[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ccp4bb] Post-Doctoral Position to Study Ribosome Structure and Function at the University of Illinois at Chicago
NIH-Funded Post-Doctoral Position in Structural Biology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) to Study Bacterial Ribosome
Prof. Polikanov Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago (IL, USA) is looking for a talented, skillful, and highly motivated researcher to fill the NIH-funded Post-Doctoral Scholar position to study the structure and function of bacterial ribosome.
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry
biophysics, or a related field;
- Practical skills with the most standard methods currently used in molecular biology, and biochemistry (such as protein _expression_, purification);
- Experience in structural biology (cryo-EM or X-ray crystallography);
- Experience in RNA biology field is desired;
The successful candidate is also expected to:
- Drive projects forward;
- Act independently in terms of planning and executing the experiments;
- Compile, analyze, and prepare data for publications;
- Assist with training of graduate and undergraduate students.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter briefly describing their previous research accomplishments, current research interests and how these interests are related to the advertised position, and contact information for three references directly to Dr. Yury Polikanov at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yury Polikanov, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
900 South Ashland Avenue, MBRB 4170
Chicago, IL 60607
Tel: 1-312-413-2408 (Office)
Tel: 1-312-355-0463 (Laboratory)
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: